National Writing Competition on Indonesia and Morocco Relationships
The intimate and romantic diplomatic-relations which are profitable among the nations in the world, both in the present time and in the long term, are considered very important in forging a country’s development progress. No any nation can survive without building such closed relationship with other countries.
Reflecting the various tragedies in the form of bloody upheaval occurred in the Middle East and North Africa since early 2011 has emerged a serious concern from people around the world. Political strife and military counter that struck Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia and other countries, the geopolitical took part in diplomatic ties among countries in the world. By whatever pretext and justification of any kind, war and conflict only resulted in loss of lives of civilians and also military. Severe impact of the war is even more complex.
In addition to violating human rights, it also causes damage and loss of public facilities, breaking-down governance role and ordinary activities of human civilization. Aspects of culture and art owned by a nation could also become extinct due to the occurrence of such conflicts. At the same time, the world economy may be dragged into chaos, people in different countries become increasingly suffer, and children are orphaned and neglected both education and growth. Who enjoy the benefits of the war, perhaps only a handful of parties (personal, group or state), they are the developed countries which is exporting weapons and military aircraft.
Based on this thought above, it is very urgent and topical for people from any nation to create an interesting concept that could involve many groups of people in order to boost good atmosphere of life of people and tighten the relationship among them. At this point of spirit, we are of the Indonesian Citizen Journalists Association (Persatuan Pewarta Warga Indonesia – PPWI), an independent institution at national and international level which is engaged in journalism and various sectors of social life, by means of good partnership with the Embassy of Morocco in Indonesia, intends to roll out a national writing competition entitled “The National Writing Competition on Indonesia and Morocco Relationship”.
1. It is opened to all Indonesian Citizen (WNI) individually which are divided into 2 (two) groups, namely the Group of Junior/Senior High School Students and the Group of University Students;
2. Registered as a citizen journalist into the online news of Koran Online Pewarta Indonesia (KOPI) on the homepage of www.pewarta-indonesia.com. Please visit the site to register.
3. The theme of the article: “Indonesia and Morocco Relationship: Past, Today and Tomorrow”. The contents of the article can be associated with various dimensions, such as socio-cultural, education, history, society, economics, politics, defense and security, role in the international world, and so forth.
4. Each participant may submit more than one manuscript, it should be original text , written in popular language, and using Bahasa Indonesia properly and correctly in accordance with EYD. Quotations are allowed no more than 20% and must include a source reference.
5. The manuscript is typed with a font Times News Roman (TNR), size 12, space 1, with the long-popular articles between 800 to 1200 words.
6. At the end of the text included a complete identity of the author include the name, place/date of birth, name of school/university, address, school/college, home address, mobile telephone number and/or home telephone number (if any), e-mail address, and your Facebook account or Friendster or any other.
7. Article submission is acceptable to the Committee only through electronic mail (e-mail) to: [email protected] and/or [email protected] Committee does not accept any manuscript (article) sent through conventional way (post office or other delivery services). For those who does not have email and/or internet access, can entrust to others by continuing to include the identity of the author himself.
8. All manuscripts must be accompanied by an identity card of studentship (or certificate students from the school/college) and should be received by the committee by June 30, 2011 (at 24.00 pm).
9. Judging will be conducted from July 1 until July 18, 2011, while the winner announcement will be made on July 20, 2011.
JUDGES AND OTHER FACTS
1. There are seven Juries, they are Wilson Lalengke (Chairman of PPWI), Teguh Santosa, MA (Chairman of Friends of Morocco), Imam Suwandi, S. Sos (Writer, Senior Editor of Metro TV), Damhuri Muhammad (essayist , short story writer, critic), Dianing Widya Yudhishthira (novelist), Supadiyanto, S.Sos.I (Editor and Columnist various local and national print media), and Muhammad Subhan (journalist and novelist).
2. Jury’s decision is absolute and it can not be contested. 3. All manuscripts submitted to the committee will be published soon in Koran Online Pewarta Indonesia (KOPI) on the site: http://www.pewarta-indonesia.com under the name of the author. Publication rights and the use of an article for the sake of humanity, education, friendship, and social culture is belong to the PPWI.
4. Award bestowal night will be held on July 30, 2011 to coincide with the celebration of National Day of the Kingdom of Morocco, in Jakarta. Winner of I, II, III, will be invited to Jakarta by the Moroccan Embassy and the expense to the winner of domicile in the country (winners residing abroad during award presentation will only be sent to the address you want the winner).
PRIZES AND AWARDS
1. Trophy Winner and Certificate of Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Laptop + Stay 2 nights at 5 star hotels in Jakarta + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner I.
2. Second Place trophy and certificate from the Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Camera Professional + Stay 2 nights at 5 star hotels in Jakarta + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner II.
3. Third Place trophy and certificate from the Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Digital Camera + Stay 2 nights at 5 star hotels in Jakarta + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner III.
4. Fourth winner trophy and Certificate of Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Saving of USD 1.000.000,- + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner IV.
5. Fifth winner trophy and Certificate of Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Saving of USD 750.000,- + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner V.
6. Sixth winner trophy and Certificate of Ambassador of Morocco to Indonesia + Saving of USD 500.000,- + certificate of appraisal from PPWI + gift other sponsors for 2 persons of Winner VI. 7. A total of 111 (one hundred eleven) best manuscripts will be published in book form by the Embassy of Morocco. Posts that are not selected will be listed on the post title with the author in the list of attachments.
8. As such appreciation, all contestants will certificate (in the form of soft-copy) from the PPWI and Moroccan Embassy in Jakarta.
Well, this is a golden opportunity to prove your concern in taking part to create a neat cyclical relationship between Indonesia and Morocco, and if you are lucky will get attractive prizes above!
Competition Committee Secretariat Address:
Jl. Danau Diatas No. 94, Central Jakarta Pusat 10210, Phone: 021-5705101, Fax: 021-5742554 and/or Jl. Anggrek Cendrawasih X, Blok K No. 27B, Kemanggisan, Palmerah, West Jakarta 11 840.
Call/SMS Center: 081380162929 (Popi Rahim), 081371051875 (Wina).
e-mail: panitia.lomba @ pewarta-indonesia.com and panitia.ppwi @ gmail.com.
Jakarta, March 5, 2011
On behalf of The Board of PPWI
Brief note: This website is an official publication media of the organization of Indonesian Sahara Moroccan Brotherhood Association (Persisma – Persaudaraan Indonesia Sahara Maroko) based in Jakarta. Everyone can reach us via our contact above. We also welcome for all to contribute to build and develop such fraternity among Indonesian and Moroccan as well as other nations. Yes, this website is for you and the entire communities on this planet. Hopefully it will benefit for all. Thank you.